The easy to use file manager
muCommander is an open source, dual-pane file manager available on all major operating systems
- Copy, move, rename and batch rename, email files
- Multiple tabs
- Universal bookmarks
- Credentials manager
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Cloud storage Dropbox, Google Drive
- Virtual filesystem with support for local volumes, FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, HTTP, Amazon S3, Hadoop HDFS and Bonjour
- Archives ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ISO/NRG, AR/Deb, LST
- Checksum calculation
- Fully customizable user interface, configurable toolbars and themes
- Available in many languages
DownloadLatest release: muCommander 0.9.7 (May 8, 2021)
MD5: 39db709cf5c54a244f34b6d0854437ca mucommander-0.9.7-1.dmg
MD5: f16b4b58b0ef67a8156098f8cde2c6cf mucommander-0.9.7-1.exe
MD5: 96e5d6045891741a70d2e605d56ade7c mucommander-0.9.7-1-bundled.exe
MD5: 6b7e023ce053d883d6d0d709cb23a33c mucommander-0.9.7-1-portable.zip
MD5: a179aaba49a805936415750c6cba0f20 mucommander_0.9.7-1_all.deb
MD5: c67af6b7cc80b52a60d8c9f13c30d916 mucommander-0.9.7-1.noarch.rpm
MD5: 1d984bea1ab4b0474029bc690f3b43c3 mucommander-0.9.7-1.tar.gz
- FreeBSD: muCommander is also available as a FreeBSD port
- OpenVMS: muCommander has been ported to OpenVMS
- Nightly build (portable) is available on GitHub
Java 8 or later is required to run muCommander, you can download it at java.com.
Community and contribution
In case you have any questions or just simply want to chat with other muCommander users, please join the community on our Gitter channel.
If you would like to help improve muCommander, please join the development on GitHub. There are many ways how you can help, other than writing code.
Report bugs, suggest new features, answer questions, write documentation, create video tutorials or translate the user interface.
Are you a happy user? Please consider making a donation.
Thank you for using muCommander!