1) Fragments files when moving
2) 2-pane interface cannot be disabled
Suggestions (things that would get me 2 use this program instead of Windows Explorer):
1) If it didn't fragment files like crazy (Windows Explorer packs them nicely - Y can't U?)
2) Show ALL drives AND 'system' type folders in left 'tree' pane, not just one drive! (make more like Windows Explorer =)
3) Give it a tabbed interface. Individual Windows Explorer windows are easier to use than a rigid 2-pane structure as in MuCommander, but a TABBED 'Windows Explorer' interface (much like a web browser such as Firefox) is superior to EITHER design =)
I've suggested the same to some other programs, but they didn't get it. Don't just tab one pane. Tab the entire management window. When U click another tab, it should switch to another 'page' that has BOTH the left AND right pane set up as you left it. And in the left pane, it should include ALL the drives, AND those few 'system' type folders there. Make MuCommander LOOK like WIndows Explorer, but with a tabbed interface. Then it will gain wide acceptance - especially because it is much faster and more stable. BUT you MUST really fix the fragmenting problem, because it makes the program outright useless regardless. I've tried them all, and WIndows Explorer is still the best - despite it's faults. It doesn't crash if U de-select the various 'tracking' type 'services', and it doesn't fragment things like Mu, etc.