The easy to use file manager
muCommander is an open source, dual-pane file manager available on all major operating systems
- Copy, move, rename and batch rename, email files
- Multiple tabs
- Universal bookmarks
- Credentials manager
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Cloud storage Dropbox, Google Drive 
- Virtual filesystem with support for local volumes, FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, HTTP, Amazon S3, Hadoop HDFS and Bonjour
- Archives ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ISO/NRG, AR/Deb, LST
- Checksum calculation
- Fully customizable user interface, configurable toolbars and themes
- Available in many languages
DownloadLatest release: muCommander 1.2.0 (March 11, 2023)
MD5: 9e20f3f05dcafc8a4842314b7ce112a6 muCommander-1.2.0-1.dmg
MD5: f685697b8533f0de5bacb64fd253ba02 muCommander-1.2.0.msi
v1.2.0 (zip, 77.5 MB)Bring muCommander everywhere with you and use it on any computerMD5: e98e83b9a0bf1f864831155e547fcc12 mucommander-1.2.0-1-portable.zip
v1.2.0 (deb, 103 MB)for Debian, Ubuntu, and other Debian-based linux distributionsMD5: 3b8c44d74ebcce609467f5054a2cc267 mucommander_1.2.0-1_amd64.deb
v1.2.0 (rpm, 104 MB)for Fedora, RHEL, Centos and other RPM-based linux distributionsMD5: b84aed446667d61296743a253080b321 mucommander-1.2.0-1.x86_64.rpm
v1.2.0 (tgz, 77 MB)for Linux, Solaris, BSD, AIX, OS/2 and other OS with Java supportMD5: b9e022ddb8bbb73802620bb9c0b7a46d mucommander-1.2.0-1.tgz
- FreeBSD: muCommander is also available as a FreeBSD port
- OpenVMS: muCommander has been ported to OpenVMS
- Nightly build (portable) is available on GitHub
Java 11 or later is required to run muCommander, you can download it at adoptium.net.
Community and contribution
In case you have any questions or just simply want to chat with other muCommander users, please join the community on our Gitter channel.
If you would like to help improve muCommander, please join the development on GitHub. There are many ways how you can help, other than writing code.
Report bugs, suggest new features, answer questions, write documentation, create video tutorials or translate the user interface.
Are you a happy user? Please consider making a donation.
Thank you for using muCommander!