The easy to use file manager
muCommander is an open source, dual-pane file manager available on all major operating systems
- Copy, move, rename and batch rename, email files
- Multiple tabs
- Universal bookmarks
- Credentials manager
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Cloud storage Dropbox, Google Drive 
- Virtual filesystem with support for local volumes, FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, HTTP, Amazon S3, Hadoop HDFS and Bonjour
- Archives ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ISO/NRG, AR/Deb, LST
- Checksum calculation
- Fully customizable user interface, configurable toolbars and themes
- Available in many languages
DownloadLatest release: muCommander 1.3.0 (July 8, 2023)
MD5: dde1ac3365b49d8e125381056451ac54 muCommander-1.3.0-1.dmg
MD5: 88b21febf072ed1459959d45af22bd19 muCommander-1.3.0.msi
MD5: adade24a51f97c9b31c060721ba419b2 mucommander-1.3.0-1-portable.zip
MD5: 2e6fd5ec496d0e4e2675913e88c2aba1 mucommander_1.3.0-1_amd64.deb
MD5: 51b8398f58e47da256a37eab6f0e4c8a mucommander-1.3.0-1.x86_64.rpm
MD5: db02536bf5e27b5a4620c27a1d3c9083 mucommander-1.3.0-1.tgz
- FreeBSD: muCommander is also available as a FreeBSD port
- OpenVMS: muCommander has been ported to OpenVMS
- Nightly build (portable) is available on GitHub
Java 11 or later is required to run muCommander, you can download it at adoptium.net.
Community and contribution
In case you have any questions or just simply want to chat with other muCommander users, please join the community on our Gitter channel.
If you would like to help improve muCommander, please join the development on GitHub. There are many ways how you can help, other than writing code.
Report bugs, suggest new features, answer questions, write documentation, create video tutorials or translate the user interface.
Are you a happy user? Please consider making a donation.
Thank you for using muCommander!