The easy to use file manager
muCommander is an open source, dual-pane file manager available on all major operating systems
- Copy, move, rename and batch rename, email files
- Multiple tabs
- Universal bookmarks
- Credentials manager
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Cloud storage Dropbox, Google Drive 
- Virtual filesystem with support for local volumes, FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, HTTP, Amazon S3, Hadoop HDFS and Bonjour
- Archives ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ISO/NRG, AR/Deb, LST
- Checksum calculation
- Fully customizable user interface, configurable toolbars and themes
- Available in many languages
DownloadLatest release: muCommander 1.0.1 (June 29, 2022)
MD5: 715f2394384349a5ac0de64464a4beb4 mucommander-1.0.1-1.dmg
MD5: 41d102fb1c7370c97b8781e1a15cc8da mucommander-1.0.1-1.msi
MD5: 50b60f76f790d8802ecd7f96028b2132 mucommander-1.0.1-1-portable.zip
MD5: a79f6ce561fc2711615bcac71fcb3b68 mucommander_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb
MD5: acb36599aa20e3143c5678d981929810 mucommander-1.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm
MD5: da891fc652e6dc2e25450947ea3139df mucommander-1.0.1-1.tgz
- FreeBSD: muCommander is also available as a FreeBSD port
- OpenVMS: muCommander has been ported to OpenVMS
- Nightly build (portable) is available on GitHub
Java 11 or later is required to run muCommander, you can download it at adoptium.net.
Community and contribution
In case you have any questions or just simply want to chat with other muCommander users, please join the community on our Gitter channel.
If you would like to help improve muCommander, please join the development on GitHub. There are many ways how you can help, other than writing code.
Report bugs, suggest new features, answer questions, write documentation, create video tutorials or translate the user interface.
Are you a happy user? Please consider making a donation.
Thank you for using muCommander!